Honey and walnuts, Rye....that is my favorite combination of bread. I made stick bread. These are handy for breakfast. When I don't have time to have breakfast as sitting down, just grab sticks and bite as walking to work.
But I prefer having these sticks as toast with butter , tea and sitting down !!
Sourdough starter is made from Rye flour and White flour of mixture. The bread contain 70% White flour and 30% Rye flour. So it is not so dark color.
You can enjoy crunchy crust and walnuts. Natural sweet from honey and sourdough.
Honey Walnuts Rye Sticks
50g White flour
50g Rye flour
1 Table spoon of beer yeast (or pinch of yeast)
230g White flour
70g Rye flour
15g Unsalted butter
40g Walnuts (chopped)
Fermenting 8 - 10 hours
Devide 700g = 140g x 5
Baking 200℃ 8min 180℃ 15min
Turn off 5min
1. Day 1In a container, combine rye flour and water, beer yeast. Set it 6 - 10hours to ripen at the room temperature. When it start bubbling, place it into the fridge to rest.
2. Final dough
Combine luke-warm water and honey.In the mixer or bread machine, combine the final dough ingredients except butter and walnuts. Mix it 10minutes till it becomes smooth and elastic. Add butter and mix it another 10minutes.
Then add walnuts then knead it till it is completely combined.
4. Put it into the container, then proof it at warm place (30℃) till it becomes bigger size (about 8 - 12 hours).
5. Pour the dough onto floured counter. Deflate and divide into 70g each.
6. Shape it into sticks.
7. Place it at worm place (30℃) for 1.5 - 2 hours.
Preheat oven at 210℃ with baking a tray.
8. Take the baking tray out from the oven. sprinkle flour. Transfer the dough on it.
Slash the dough.
9. Bake it at 200℃ for 8minutes with steam. 180℃ for 15minutes. Turn off and leave it for 5minutes.
10. Cool it down on the wire rack.
It is posted at Yeastspotting.