Perfectly Popping up!! This is buttery layered bread, kind of croissant and danish.
The dough is popping up from the tin, because it is yeasted pastry.
I made buttery layer on sidewise.
The difference btween croissant and this bread...
To make croissant or danish pastry dough, I need cold butter and pound it, make 20cm square to laminate. That makes thin, flaky crust and layer.
But this recipe, I use softend butter and just apply on the dough, and fold it. That makes layer, but not as flaky as croissant.
I want to make this recipe easy, and want anyone to try. Or I am just too lazy.
So I call it Lazy Butter Flaky.
Sweet and rich buttery soft crumb.
Lazy Butter Flacky (makes 6 with 7cm muffin cups)
300g bread Flour
30g Unsalted Butter
140g Milk (luke-warm)
5g Active dried Yeast
100g Unsalted Butter(soften)
1. In the mixer or bread machine, combine the all dough ingredients. Mix it 15 minute. It can be stretched a paper thin“windowpane.
2. Wrap it up with plastic wrap, and ferment at room temprature for 40min. Then Place it in the fridge for 24hours till it becomes double size more.
3. Before laminating, soften the butter with spatura at room temprature to make it easy for applying on the dough.
Spread the dough to 60cm x 25cm with a rolling pin.
Fold 1/3 left part of the dough and 1/3 right part as well .
Retate 90 degree, and pound it with the rolling pin. spread it 50cm x 25cm with care.
Fold 1/3 left part of the dough and 1/3 right part as well.
Retate 90 degree.
And Repeat Pounding with the rolling pin. Then spread 40cm x 20cm. Fold it 1/3 as well.
Retate 90 degree. It becomes 20cm x 12cm.
5. Wrap it up with plastic wrap, place it into the fridge for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, coat oil on the muffin cup, and place muffin cup paper if you have.
6. Transfer the dough, on the floured chopping board.
Apply egg wash on the surface. Splinkle sugar.
10. Bake it 190℃ for 15 - 18 minutes till it become golden color.
11. Cool them on the wire rack.
Take them out from the tins, once it get cool down.
It is placed at YeastSpotting.