One is Hot dragon bread.
The other is Bacon Egg Bun.
And Bacon Onion Cheese Epi, today, I show this recipe, here.
Bacon oil cooks onion, cheese melt, bread smell savory perfectly.
Epi shape, it is easy to tear into one bite.
I rewrite the recipe just for Beacon onion cheese epi without chili sauce in the dough.
Bacon Onion Cheese Epi (make 4)
300g Bread Flour
4g Dried active yeast
30g Unsalted Butter (melted)
1/2 Onion (sliced)
Egg & milk
2. Put it into the container, then proof it at warm place (30℃) till it becomes bigger size (about 1 hour).
3. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. Divide into 4 pieces, and shape them rough ball. Leave them for 15 minutes on the counter with the wet towel cover.
4. Roll it out with the rolling pin. Make it 18 - 20cm oval shape or bigger than bacon size.
Put the bacon, onion, and cheese on the dough.
Fold the edge side, and fold into half. Seal it tightly with your finger. Roll it gently to make it nice shape.
Place them on the baking tray.
5. Place it into warm place (35℃) with spray water, rise it for 40 - 60 minutes till it becomes double size. Preheat oven at 190℃.
6. Forming into Epi shape.
Cut the dough on 3/4. Don't cut it off completely.
Slide this piece on left, cut, slide it right, cut, slide it left ....continue to cut and slide until you’ve reached the other end.
Bake them at 190℃ for 20 - 25 minutes until it becomes brown.
8. Cool them down on the wire rack.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.