This is the first lessen, we made Cinnamon Rolls.
The class started with 2 people and me, in the small kitchen. It was first time to instruct how to make bread to other people.
I have written cinnamon roll recipe here, before.
But I improved the recipe.
The shaping is inspired by the Japanese movie called '' Kamome Shokudo''.
This is the story about Japanese style cafeteria in Finland. The main actress was baking cinnamon rolls like those shapes.
I add more butter to make softer, and I put icing sugar to make sweeter.
This recipe is using bread mixer machine, but the lessen was kneading by hands.
300g High grade flour (bread flour)
5g Dry instant yeast
150g Milk (lake-warm)
40g Unsalted butter (soften)
15g Butter (soften)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon Milk
- Combine filling sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Put baking paper on the baking tray.
- Combine egg and milk for egg wash.
1. In the stand mixer bowl or bread machine, combine flour, sugar, salt and dry yeast. Add egg and milk, then mix it until it become smooth and elastic about 10 minutes.
Add butter, and mix it another 7minutes. The dough becomes very soft and elastic. It can be stretched a paper thin '' windowpane''
2. Put it in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place it at the warm place (30 - 40℃) for 50 - 60 minutes until it becomes double size.
3. Pour it on the floured counter, deflate it and fold it. Roll it out about 30cm x 30cm with the rolling pin.
4. Apply butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar. Roll it up and seal it tightly.
Cut it into 6 pieces like below.
5. Place the baking tray at the warm place (30℃) for 40 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven at 190℃.
Apply egg wash.
Bake them at 180℃ for 15 - 20 minutes until they become golden brown.
7. Cool the down on the wire rack.
8. Once they got cool down, you can decorate icing sugar.
On the plastic wrap, put icing powder sugar how mach you want. Add water little by little and mix until smooth and spreadable. Wrap it up, and make a hole with a tooth pick. Squeeze and decorate them with icing sugar.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.