Bread is orange citrus aroma and creamy cheese flavor. When it is in the oven, it smells sooooo nice, mixture of orange and cheese aroma.
And it has golden crust and yellow - orange color soft crumb.
I made French toast with it.
I have got a 10 x 10 x 20cm loaf pan. I used totally 500g of flour. 200g is for starter.
Cream cheese and Orange sourdough bread
(10x10x20cm loaf pan)
200g bread flour
230g orange juice
pinch of yeast
300g Bread flour
120g Orange juice
20g Butter (soften)
150g Cream cheese (soften)
1. In the mixer or bread machine, combine all ingredients and orange starter except butter and cream cheese. . Mix it 10 minute till it becomes smooth and elastic. Then add butter and cream cheese, knead it for 8 minitus.
2. Put it into the container, then proof it at warm place (30℃) till it becomes bigger size (about 8 - 12 hours).
3. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly.
Divide it into 3, preshape them into rough balls and rest it with cover for 20 minutes.
Use rolling pin, make it 15cm x 20cm.
Fold 1/3 top part and 1/3 bottom part.
90°rotate the dough.
Roll it roughly. But seal it tightly with your finger tips.
Make 3 rolls, and put them into the loaf pan.
5. Place it into warm place (35℃) with cover, rise it for 3 hour till the dough becomes 70% of the loaf pan.
Preheat oven at 200℃.
6. Put the lid on the loaf pan.
Bake it 190℃ for 35 - 40 minutes.
7. Take it out from the loaf pan.
Cool it down on the wire rack.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.