Monday, April 15, 2013

Beer Batard


There are lots of kind of beer all over the world. Recently I drink more craft beer. According to Shiggy (my partner), craft beer brewer, Craft beer   = brewed with more care, more flavour and love....and usually with more thought, which results in getting more body and flavour. 

I got leftover craft beer from last-night drinking. Why not put it in the bread?! 

And I wanted practice '' coup'e'' , slash on the bread. 


This is my coupe knife. I made it by myself before. It is made from disposal wooden chopsticks and a razor blade. It is quite sharp and easy-to use.
 
I was surprise when I had taste of the bread. 
This bread taste like Miso!!...and it taste little bit tangy because of hops. But it depends what kind of beer I used. I used red ale. It was quite hoppy taste.

Beer Batard
(make 2)
Starter
200g Bread flour
230g Beer (ale)
Pinch of dried yeast

1.  Day before, combine all starter ingredients well in a small bowl. Set it 10 - 12 hours with the  cover to ripen in the warm room temperature.

Final dough
300g Bread flour
10g Salt
120g  Beer (ale)
All starter

2. In the mixer or bread machine, combine all ingredients, and knead it 5 minutes. Ferment it 2 hours, and fold it. Another 2 hours later, fold it again. Ferment it totally 8 - 10 hours at warm temperature until it get double size.

3. On the floured counter, pour the dough. Pat it with your palm gently, try not to press air out. 
Divide into 2 piece. 

4. Shaping.
 Pat it and make it oval shape gently. Fold over 1/3, using your palm.(a) 
Fold over it and seal top and bottom part. Use your finger tips to seal it tightly. 
Make another batard shape. 




5. Place them on the floured cloths as sealing bottom. Proof it until they get bigger size for 1hour. 


6. Preheat oven 220℃ and the baking tray together. 
Take out the baking tray from the oven. Put baking sheet, and transfer the doughs on it. 
Slash them with sharp knife. 

7. Bake them with steam with 210 ℃ for 15 minutes, turn it down into 180℃ for 10 minutes until they gets golden-brown. 

8. Cool them down on the wire rack. 

 It is placed at Yeastspotting.


No comments:

Post a Comment