Thursday, September 26, 2013

Spinach Bread

It is just simple spinach bread, added spinach in the bread dough.
It becomes nice green color. I used my small loaf tin. This recipe makes small loaf.
I am thinking to make Rusk with it. I will update recipe next time : )

I try anything to make nowadays. I tried to make Miso paste, soaps, hand-cream, skin toner, skin emulsion, lip balm, knitting socks and hand-warmer....
I enjoy making those stuff, I like to use them in daily.





Spinach Bread

High grade flour 250g
Sugar 14g
Salt 3g
Yeast 3g
Spinach (boiled and chopped finely) 50g
Water 120 - 150g

1. Boil spinach and squeeze well. Chop it finely.

2. Put all ingredients except water into mixing bowl. Put 120g water at first. Combine it well. You might need extra water. Or if it become too wet, add flour.
Knead it for 10 minutes it becomes smooth and elastic.

3. Put it the dough into container with cover, place it at warm place. Proof it for 1 hour until it becomes double size.

4. Pour it onto the floured counter, deflate it briefly. Divide it into 4 (130g each). Make them rough ball, rest it for 15 minutes.

5. Reshape it balls. Put them into loaf tin.

6. Proof it for 40 - 50 minutes until it becomes bigger size.
Preheat oven at 180℃.

7. Bake it at 180℃ for 20 minutes.

8. Cool it down.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Makoto for the recipe, think my son will love this for his school sandwiches. By the way, we just went to Wellington last month, the weather was not always nice, but it's a beautiful city:-)

    ReplyDelete