I wanted bigger size mixing bowl. It is only available in US. I bought 6Qt size mixer!
I completely forgot about something. I need to use a voltage transformer to use US stand mixer in New Zealand. I bought it from US, now, I can use my new Kitchen Aid mixer at home!!!
It is the first baking with my new baby.
I made corn loaf with pound cake tin.
I looked up ''corn loaf'' or ''corn bread '' recipe on Internet. I found American style ''corn bread'' recipe. It is made from cornmeal, flour and baking soda.
For me, in Japan, ''corn bread'' is yeast proofed bread with corn kernel like below.
I updated the recipe before, here.
I arranged my recipe. I add heavy cream and butter to make it creamy and fluffy. Preferment dry yeast and flour first, it makes strong gluten development.
I used a 21cm pound cake tin. The loaf is not too big, not too small, it is good size for 2 people.
Creamy corn loaf
100g High grade flour
70cc Water (lukewarm)
50cc Heavy cream (room temperature)
3g Dry yeast
200g High grade flour
Water 120cc (lukewarm)
24g Unsalted butter (room temperature and soft)
1. Combine all preferment ingredients in a container, leave it 1 - 2 hours until it get proofed.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine preferment polish and final dough ingredients except unsalted butter. Knead it with dough hook for 8 minutes.
Add unsalted butter, keep kneading for 5 minutes or until butter is combined well.
Check the dough gluten development. See below '' windowpane test''.
Don't knead too much or use mixing machine, otherwise corn kernel might be mashed.
If the dough gets sticky, add extra flour on it.
4. Put the dough into a bowl with cover, place it warm place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 2 - 3 hours).
It is winter time in New Zealand, here. I warm the dough bowl with steaming like below.
5. Pour the dough on the floured counter, deflate briefly. Divide it into half portion using a scale.
Make rough ball and put cover and rest it for 20 minutes.
6. Pat the piece of the dough with your palm. Roll it out with a rolling pin, make it oval.
Fold 1/3 each side.
Rotate it 90°.
Roll it down loosely.
Seal it tightly with your finger tips. Place it with sealing bottom.
Make another dough into the same shape.
7. Put the dough into the loaf tin.
Place it at warm place (35-40℃) for 1 hour until it get double size.
8. Reheat oven at 200℃.
Apply egg wash on the top.
Bake it at 190℃ for 15 minutes, 170℃ for 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the loaf another 5 minutes with the door ajar.
9. Cool it down on the wire rack.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.