Friday, March 6, 2015

Ham and Feta sourdough scones

This is first time to make sourdough scones. I was thinking to try something different with sourdough. I decided to make scones.
I bake more than 200 of scones at work. I never think to make scones at home. But I should try it.

I have chive in my garden. So I decided to make savory flavor with it. I add ham and feta cheese.  I needed to proof it overnight to make fluffy texture.



Ham and Feta sourdough scones

180g Plain flour
80g wholemeal flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
10g Salt
10g Sugar
80g Unsalted butter (Chopped and cold)
50cc cold milk
200g 100% hydrated mature sourdough starter

100g Ham
10g fresh chive
100g Feta cheese

Egg wash

Prepare
Chop butter and keep it in the fridge.
Chop ham and chive, feta cheese.

1. In the food processor, combine dry ingredients together. Add butter and mix well with blade until it becomes crumble texture. Transfer it into the mixing bowl. Add sourdough starter milk and ham,  chive, feta cheese. Mix it with dough hook or your hand until it becomes doughy texture. Add more flour if you need.

2. Transfer the dough on the floured counter. Make it flat and nice square. Wrap it up with plastic wrap. Place it in the fridge and proof it overnight.

3. Preheat oven at 200℃. Prepare baking sheet on the baking tray.
On the floured chopping board, cut the dough into pieces. I made small 16 pieces.
Place them on the baking tray.


4. Brush eggwash, and bake them at 200℃ for 12 - 15 minutes until they become golden brown.

5. Cool them down.

It is placed at Yeastspotting






No comments:

Post a Comment