Thursday, September 28, 2017

Banana and date sourdough muffin

I found many muffins taste too much baking powder.  Even when I make muffins from self-rising flour, I can taste it.  That is why I don't like muffins. I can eat it, but I cant finish it every time.

This muffin recipe is not fluffy texture because it is naturally rising by sourdough starter. No rising agent.

No butter. I use canola oil so that is easy to eat.

Less sugar. It contains brown sugar but not too much. Sweetness from banana and date.



50g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
50g brown sugar

1 egg
30cc oil
60cc milk
2 mashed banana
100g sourdough starter

100g chopped date


1. Prepare to grease spray oil on the muffin tin.
In a bowl, combine dry ingredients together.
2. In another bowl, whisk egg and canola oil well. Add milk and mashed banana, then combine well.
3. Add sourdough starter. Combine well.
4. Add wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix well with the spatula. Fold in the chopped date.
5. Preheat the oven at 180c.
Fill the mixture into the tin. Bake it for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment