Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Homemade coconut butter

Have you ever heard coconut butter before?

I make my own nuts butter at home such as peanut butter, almond butter and macadamia nut butter....

One day, I found a jar of coconut butter at the organic store. I never seen coconut butter. I was wondering what the different from coconut butter and coconut oil.

I looked up the internet, I searched how to make it.

Coconut oil is 100% oil that has been extracted from coconut meat.

Coconut butter is coconut flesh that has been ground into paste.  It includes all the fat, fiber and nutrients from the coconut.

It seems super easy to coconut butter. It is like peanut butter.
At the organic shop, the jar of coconut butter is $13.
If you make own, you can grab a 200g desiccated coconut for $2 at the supermarket.  That is all ingredient!!!



  1. Load the coconut flakes into food processor. Turn the machine on.
  2. Using a food processor, this processor will take 8 - 10 mins.  You need to be patience. Stop the machine and scrape the sides down with a spatula a few times. Continue until the coconut has turned to coconut butter and is softened and store it in a jar. 

3. Place it in the cool place. My coconut butter became hard like butter in the room temperature. If you want it soft and creamy, warm it up and melt it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment